Tuesday 22 January 2013

Teaser Tuesday #18


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and slightly altered by Coffee, Books and Lipgloss

The Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Share 2 “teaser” sentences from a random page or a part you rather enjoyed and post it as a teaser.
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away; you don’t want to ruin the book for others! 

• As an option, you can give a short snippet of what you think so far... or not.• Share the TITLE and AUTHOR too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.




Mistress to the Crown by Isolde Martyn

My Teaser:

How easily life can flick us. Like an idle boy's fingernail against a tiny fly. We are so fragile, our destinies changed so esasily by a quarrel, a smile, a death - or marriage.
~ loc 121 of 4661 on my Kindle (2%)




My Thoughts: well, I cannot really tell you my opinion because as you can see, I have only just started it today. I have heard good things about this book though and I am excited to get into the story. Have you read Mistress to the Crown? What is your opinion?



PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. That sounds beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I haven't actually heard anything about it, but it looks intriguing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page

    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the teaser and I like how it makes an important point on how the small things (and big) really change our lives.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of it! My teaser comes from The Swiss Family Robinson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very deep and too true teaser! I really like the imagery it provides. Thank you so much for stopping by my TT. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the descriptions, like "how easily life can flick us."

    Sometimes it does seem like that....thanks for sharing, and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice tease! i like that description!
    Trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good teaser, would love to read this.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting teaser!

    Mine

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. oOoOo! This sounds good. I have to read this. :)

    I'm a new follower!!

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said. Great teaser! Thanks for visiting my Teaser Tuesdays post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ut oh, sounds like Marriage isn't the best thing she wants. :) Very good teaser.

    If you'd like to stop by, I have a teaser up as well:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-147.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! I love the sound of this teaser! And I love that cover. Her dress is gorgeous. Though it does look more than a little uncomfortable...

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete